Taylor's Thespian Troupe 311 attended the Texas State Thespian Festival November 16th - 18th, with over 8,000 theatre students from across the state. In addition to attending workshops and seeing shows, they competed in several individual and team events - with great results!
Five students qualified for the National Thespian Festival Competition, which will be held in June at the University of Nebraska:
* Abby Boyce and Lauren Justman – Duet Musical
* Jacob Dunn – Set Design (One point away from a perfect score!)
* Julia Garcia – Costume Design (Also one point away from a perfect score!)
* Justin Smith – Set Design
Three of our technical theatre design teams also placed in the Top 10 in the State:
* Addy DeBrooke, Julia Garcia, Ann Morgenthaler and Joelle Schwedland – 3rd Place Team Costume Design
* Jacob Dunn, Avaneesh Joshi, Molly Pierce and Justin Smith – 7th Place Team Set Design
* Valerie Maddox, James McCann, Mason Nichols and Christian Rodriguez – 10th Place Team Mask Design
And best of all, Troupe 311 was named one of the Top 10 All-Star Troupes in the State of Texas!
Congratulations to these students – and all of our talented thespians – for their hard work and effort on behalf of the Taylor community!